General

ISESCO deplores Tripoli attack

RABAT, The Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO) on Wednesday denounced a recent attack on the Libyan Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tripoli.

“This abhorrent terrorist act was carried out by criminals who have lost religious commitment and national belonging,” ISESCO Director-General Abdulaziz Altwaijri said in a statement.

Decrying the attack as an act that is emphatically rejected by Islam, he said his agency stands side by side with the government and people of Libya in their fight against terrorism.

Three people were killed and nine others wounded when three suicide bombers attacked Libya’s Foreign Ministry in Tripoli earlier on Tuesday, according to a Libyan security source.

One of the three attackers was killed by the ministry’s guards while the two others blew themselves up, the source said.

Source: Kuwait News Agency

ANE