ALGIERS, Responding to multiple international calls, the Libyan National Army, led by commander Khalifa Haftar, announced on Saturday a ceasefire in Libya, according to a spokesman.
“Retired Major General Khalifa Haftar decided a ceasefire in Libya on Saturday evening,” the army’s spokesman Ahmed Mismari said in a statement.
“The ceasefire is in effect as of Saturday evening,” the spokesman added, calling on the other party to abide by the ceasefire.
“Any breach will be met with a harsh response,” he warned.
Earlier on Saturday, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Libyan peace talks will be held in Berlin.
Source: Kuwait News Agency