Human Rights

Romanian official says his country keen on finding missing Kuwaiti

– Inspector General of the Romanian Police Major General Eduard Miritescu affirmed, Saturday, the keenness of his country to follow up on the case of the missing Kuwaiti citizen Mohammad Al-Baghli since 2015. This came during a meeting with the Kuwaiti ambassador to Romania Talal Al-Hajri at the headquarter of the General Inspectorate of the Romanian Police in the capital, Bucharest. In a statement to Kuwait News Agency (KUNA), Ambassador Al-Hajri said that they discussed the latest developments regarding the case, who has been missing in Romania since August 2015.

He called for more efforts since the case is very sensitive on both official and popular levels in Kuwait.

Ambassador Al-Hajri assured that the Romanian officials are keen to follow up on this humanitarian issue and uncover its circumstances. Kuwaiti businessman Muhammad Al-Baghli disappeared in mysterious circumstances in Kiya village in Brahova district, north of the capital, Bucharest, in 2015. The Kuwaiti Ministry of Interior previously sent security delegations to Romania to follow up on the issue with the Romanian police and the competent authorities.

Source: Kuwait News Agency